Air Conditioner Review
HEPA air filters are made from very tiny glass fibers that are made into a tightly woven paper. This creates a filter consisting of a multitude of very small sieves that can capture extremely small particles, including some biological agents. Once trapped, contaminates and particles are not able to flow back into circulation, due to the highly absorbent pores of the HEPA air filter. HEPA air filters are largely considered the most effective type of air filter for solid particles, such as dust and other allergens. HEPA air filters remove 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size, almost 300 times smaller than the width of a human hair. HEPA air filters were developed by the Atomic Energy Commission during the second World War. They were originally designed to remove radio active dust from their plants. HEPA air filters are recommended by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security. HEPA air filters are effective for solid and liquid particles, but not effective for gaseous particles. The XJ-3800 HEPA & ionic air purifier incorporates other technologies that are effective against gaseous particles, such as ionization and activated carbon filtration.
- Spare filter cartridge for the Surround Air Intelli-Pro XJ-3800 air purifier.
- 2-in-1 combo-filter with True HEPA and Activated Carbon; Genuine Surround Air spare filter. Only Genuine Surround Air parts meet specifications necessary for optimal performance.
- Ultra-fibrous, ultra-absorbent True HEPA filtration is the most effective type at capturing dust and allergens. More than 99% effective.
- High-quality, charcoal-filled Carbon Filter is the most effective type for removing chemicals and odors.
- Dimensions (in): 13 x 11 x 1.25. Black rubber-foam gasket around the outside edge ensures a snug fit inside the Intelli-Pro XJ-3800 air purifier.
List Price: $36.00
Sale Price: $28.01
Air Availability: Usually ships in 6-10 business days